Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Bunny Cake


*Cutting the cake in half**

*"Gluing" the cake together**


**Frosting the cake**



**Add eyes, nose, whiskers, & ears**



**A front-side view of the little guy**



** the back-side view... isn't it so cute?**



This is another GREAT tradition that my Mom started with my brother and I when we were young. We made Easter Bunny Cakes every single Easter. Because we only made them once a year, they were always something I know I looked forward to! This is a really simple way of having some fun in the kitchen with your kids! Wow your family with this Cute little cake when you take him for dessert! Happy Easter!


Easter Bunny Cake
Recipe from Kathy Williams, my Mom!
1 cake mix, your flavor of choice, prepared as directed on box
1 pkg of dream whip, prepared as directed on box
1 pkg of Hostess SnoBalls
Coconut
green food coloring
toothpicks
jelly beans
other Easter Candy for decorating
Pink construction paper cut into ears

First prepare your cake... Now there are options here. If you want 1 cake, use a 10-12 inch round pan. If you would like 2 cakes, use 2 8 or 9-inch round pans and bake as directed... Let cool completely and remove from pan. Cut cake in half as shown.

Prepare Dream Whip as directed on box. You could use any other frosting that you like more... I just love Dream Whip. Cream cheese frosting is my second favorite!

Frost between the two halves to hold them together. Then frost the whole cake. Strategically place that cute little tail (a snoball) just where it should be :-) The only snoballs I could find were purple so I also frosted the tail with Dream Whip. Now if you want the cake to have a "furry" texture. Throw some shredded coconut at it. People around here aren't all big fans of coconut, so I skip that step, however it is so so cute!

Now cut out the bunny ears from the construction paper and place in the head. Push them down a ways so they stay in. Place jelly beans for eyes and nose and toothpicks for whiskers.

To decorate, color some coconut green for grass. Place around the sides of the bunny and I like to make little nests with jelly beans or other egg-shaped candies. I just get all giddy and excited when I make these every year. The kid just comes out again!!!

Happy Easter and Happy Cooking!

Teauna

4 comments:

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo