Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gluten Free Pizza

I'm still new at this whole gluten free thing. ...I want REAL food.  Is that not normal?  For a girl like me that bakes like a mad woman. .. it feels like my world had been turned upside down.  But I'm trying. ... Hard... just to keep some normalcy in my life.  So today I tried my hand at pizza.  Luckily I like a thinner crust on a pizza anyway.  I thought it had good flavor and surprisingly. .. my kids ate it and loved it! !
WHISK IN A BOWL:
*1 c brown rice flour
*1 c white rice flour
*1 c tapioca flour
*1/2 tsp xanthan gum
*1 tsp sea salt
*1/2 tsp baking powder
IN ANOTHER BOWL COMBINE:
*1 1/4 cup warm water
*1 Tbsp yeast
*3 Tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
*1 Tbsp olive oil
Let set for a few minutes. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the well and mix with a silicone spatula. Once mixed well, pat out dough on a greased pizza pan. You could also use a cookie sheet. My pizza was 14". Pat out on the pan of your choice until its about 1/4" thick. Bake the crust in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Take out and add your favorite toppings... by the way... it's going to look all cracked. Its okay! :) after adding toppings, bake another 20 minutes. Eat and enjoy!! Loved this pizza!! Gluten free is finally getting easier!:)
♡ p.s. this is posted from my phone so please excuse the photo:)
Happy Cooking!
Teauna

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your happy comments make my day!

xoxo